Virtua Cop 2 is a Simulation and Action game for PC published by Sega in 1995. Become the police of a growing city trying to eliminate the bad guys!
Virtua Cop 2 PC Game 1995 Overview:
This is a nostalgic conversion from an arcade coin-op machine game where you fight the bad guys.
The game features three levels through which the player’s movement is automated on a predetermined path. However, unlike the first Virtua Cop, at certain points, the player picks their route from two possible choices. It is the player’s job to shoot the criminals that appear before time runs out and they shoot back while taking care not to shoot any innocent bystanders.
Along the way, there are various objects in the background that can be broken if shot, some of which will reveal power-ups afterward. As with the first Virtua Cop, players earn extra points for “justice shots”, meaning shooting an enemy’s gun hand to disarm them without killing them.
By consistently defeating enemies without taking hits or shooting hostages, the player increases the multiplier which is applied every time they earn points. At the end of each level, there is a boss battle, as well as one extra final boss battle after all three levels have been finished.
Features of Virtua Cop 2:
- Michael Hardy (Rage) – Two years later, this cop has grown up with his partner, James Cools and a newcomer cop, Janet Marshall. He could do better than anyone else, including his part-time job and his duty training. He is known to be a quick draw when things get under fire. Rage is an all-around character in the game.
- James Cools (Smarty) – Like his partner, Michael who worked the same side for the good as well as he does, this doesn’t stop him from beating by some bad guys. Although Rage is quicker on the draw in a gunfight, Smarty is known to be the top shot in the police force.
- Janet Marshall (Janet) – A newly installed special VCPD detective in the Virtua Cop special investigations squad (although the only female cop in the squad), Janet fights for her deceased partner.
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows® XP or higher
- Graphics: 32MB or greater graphics card
- DirectX®: DirectX® 9.0 or greater
- Hard Drive: 50MB free disc space
Leave a Reply